Moral Policing in Mangalore: Anger! Anger! Anger!
Wake up Youth, silence broken.
Moral policing in Mangalore is indeed an intense shame, lack of humanistic value I must tell!!
I am sure this will cause a big communal issue again and has also made Mangalore a international news for a negative reason again!
The incident has occurred like a reminder of the dark memory to the Mangalore pub raid which took place years back, and also of all those meaningless attempts undertaken on Valentine’s day which was a matter of great protest among youth.
The present issue was explained this way by the media, the group barged into Morning Mist Home Stay, a resort in Mangalore and reportedly found alcohol and young people dressed indecently, but this is not the truth, the youngsters were celebrating a birthday party and from nowhere came a group of barbaric men, who in the name of of religion(spoiling the name of religion I can say), and began brutally whipping the youngsters, the boy was forcibly stripped off his shirt and was pushed into the room were the girls were locked with the intention of capturing a video. The mal handling of the girl still boils my blood, the cheap uncultured men molested the girls, one of them even took off a girl’s jacket and wore it on himself and later claimed that the girl was dressed indecently. A group of men hit the youngsters in such a manner that they were seriously maimed.
This was not a rave party, no drug or prostitution was happening, then why did they deserve this?
Even if there was a crime committed this type of brutal act on both boys and girls is indeed heart raging. Any person with a little of respect to the human life will surely give a second thought on this.
The activists have taken the name of a Communal group, which fears me that it might be the cause for another riot. The act was indeed not approvable to the Indian society is what the activists claim, but is it our culture to disrespect woman by slapping her and whipping her in groups?
How can just a group of people take laws into hands?
Our democracy gives no right to any random person to take the social norm into his hands,such demon like behavior is totally unapproved. The point what bothers me the most is that, this is completely ruining the life of those youngsters by publicizing them in the media, they are going to be worldwide famous just by this single incident, for a negative reason!! It grieves me that the future of those will be pushed into dark dungeons just by this one raid.
This has for sure struck some kind of fear in the mind of the youngsters. If this kind of barbaric attitude continues, we will have to think twice even when we go for a movie with our friends, we will have to walk the streets like a Egyptian mummy fully covered!
Culture is no doubt to be upheld and protected, but what I believe is everything has a way.
Why don’t they do the same to those corrupt politicians? Isn’t that a crime?
Why are they blind to so many other illegal acts? Is it just because they are done by people of power?
It is high time we all stop turning dumb, deaf and blind. We, the Youth are like a volcano, when the temperature is beyond control, we will erupt and we will burn everything what comes our way.
It is not just regarding this one incident but we are voicing out against all the ill treatments done to the YOUTH.
Some of our strong demands are,
- Strict law should be enforced against all the molesters, irrespective of status, power, religion and political support.
- We once again want to be re assured about the rights which we already own-freedom of thought, freedom of dress, freedom of mobility.
- We do not wish to be ruled by any religious groups, India is a democratic country, so do provide us the freedom to practice liberalism. Let anyone not dare to divide us on the name of religion.
- Any media which indulges in the support of such extremists should be banned and the license cancelled.
- A request to all the older generations to try to accept the Youth of today as they are, I don’t think the stream of modern thoughts and western ideas can be eradicated from them.
- And of course strict action must be taken against any Youth if found violating any social rules, but only by the police and courts.
Can we trust YOU?